The annual subscription paid by members of the Derby Diocesan Association of Church Bell Ringers includes a premium for insurance. Members should assess whether the cover shown below is sufficient for their needs, and, if necessary, they should take out additional policies on their own account.
Personal Accident: –
- All resident members of the Association and their pupils up to the age of 80 years: £20,000 death and permanent total disablement per each insured person, and £100 per week temporary total disablement per each insured person and £50 per week temporary partial disablement per each insured person.
- Cover to apply whilst ringing, instructing, maintaining, inspecting or doing work of any description on towers and/or bells and/or their fittings and framework.
- Temporary total disablement payable 104 weeks.
- Insured persons under 16, death benefit is £250 and temporary total disablement is excluded.
- Insured persons over 75, permanent total disablement and temporary partial disablement is excluded.
- Permanent total disablement and temporary partial disablement is from insured person’s usual occupation.
- Geographical limits: Great Britain.
Public liability: –
- The Members and Officers for the time being and Pupils of the Derby Diocesan Association of Church Bell Ringers
- Amount insured £5,000,000.
- Includes member-to-member liability.
- Cover to apply on all activities, but excluding major restoration work.
- Excludes the first £250 of each and every claim for third party property damage.
- Geographical limits: Great Britain, Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Note that cover on pupils cease once they qualify for membership of the Association.